A reliable, efficient & high-performance solution for offshore wind farms
The AD-135 is the evolution of the AD 5-116, of which Adwen has installed and commissioned 630 MW in the last ten years.
Tried-and-tested technology specifically developed for open-sea conditions
- International certification: In February of 2016, the AD 5-135 became the first turbine ever to obtain DNV GL Type Certificate based on 2012 Guideline for Offshore Wind Turbines.
- Robust output: Total output reaches 5 MW at an average wind speed of approximately 12 meters per second.
- Corrosion resistance: A patented ventilation system protects the interior of the nacelle from deterioration.
- Reliable, simplified design: Rotating components have been reduced to a minimum.
- Easy assembly: The turbine’s nacelle and rotor are lightweight with a compact and user-friendly design.
- Minimal maintenance: Continuous remote monitoring of offshore wind farms during operation enables flexible scheduling of maintenance services.
Over 10 years of operational experience
- 2004: First onshore AD 5-116 prototype installed.
- 2009: First six offshore turbines installed at the alpha ventus Offshore Wind Farm in Germany, providing crucial experience in the development of future commercial offshore wind farms.
- 2012: Named 2012 winner of “Best of Best of the Turbines +3.6 MW” by Wind Power Monthly.
- 2013: Prototype AD 5-135 erection.
- 2015: Total installed capacity reaches 630 MW (120 turbines AD 5-116) after Global Tech I and Trianel windpark Borkum are successfully commissioned in the German North Sea.